We know how great it feels to get in a 90 minute yoga practice but the hardest part seems to be finding the time.
But, Atha yoga anushasanam- Now is the time for yoga.
Take a moment for yourself. While you’re waiting for water to boil for tea, someone is taking a nap, or instead of checking your phone:
- Do some stretches. The spine can move in 6 different directions, so do it. Twist from side to side, lean to the left and right, reach up and back and fold forward. You can be standing, sitting, or maybe even laying down.
- Find your breath. Whether it is something as calming as following the inhale and exhale or as balancing as Nadi Shodanam, just breathe.
- Practice awareness. Take some time to smell the flowers. Experience the sounds, smells and sights around you. If you can, step outside and feel what the weather is like.
- Meditate for 5 minutes. Clear your mind of thought or focus on an idea. You can practice any style that feels right. Find your seat and follow your breath.
- Change your perspective. Literally your can take legs up the wall, downward dog, or another favorite inversion. Figuratively, you can try doing something different. Explore a different route to a familiar place, try that new spot that opened up, or try to look at something in a new light.